Sunday, May 28, 2006
The next two posts have pictures of the little jacket I made for Flowergirl. I used some prequilted fabric I had given to me, and found some gingham to match. That ruffle gave me a hard time, and the jacket still isn't long enough. The seams are less than tidy. I was going to make the version without the ruffle, but it was completely too short. So I put the ruffle on it and I must say, I think it makes the jacket. It was nearly impossible to get pictures on my "model". She doesn't know what hold still means, and the light today isn't good. The pattern is called Baby Wrap Jacket from Gooseberry Hill out of Coalville, UT. I made the 12 month size, but I can see I need to make the 24 month size next. Instead of the buttons and buttonholes called for in the pattern I just used some velcro hidden underneath. I think this one is going to end up on a teddy bear. Blogger is giving me a hard time uploading photos so I'm going to try it with flickr.