Friday, June 16, 2006

SonTreasure Island

I don't have time to post, but I just want to note that I have been teaching VBS this week. It has been more work than I thought, more difficult than I thought, and more rewarding than I thought it would be. But I was correct in thinking it isn't as Catholic as it "should" be. A "work of mercy" and a "saintly snippet" aren't enough, IMHO. For example, today was about Forgiveness and nowhere did I hear anyone say anything about the sacrament of Confession/Reconciliation. Hello! That is a BIG thing for Catholics, but it wasn't mentioned at all. Unfortunately, most of the truly Catholic VBSs I've seen are like trying to get the kids to go from cake to whole wheat bread. It would be better for them, but it sure isn't as tasty to a kid. Ah, well.

No comments: