Saturday, July 15, 2006

What's the other 27%?

I took the How American Are You quiz (linked in title) twice. (Hat tip: The Bookworm) The first time I answered the questions as honestly as I could, and though I have never lived in any other country I am only 73% American. Where has the rest of me been? When I say as honestly as I could it simply means that I chose the answer closest to the truth, since it is a multiple choice quiz i.e. for the cheese I chose Brie because I don't like American cheese much and I never eat Bleu Cheese, though I like it ok, and my favorite, Cheddar, wasn't an option. Same with football and baseball vs other sports, and home cooking vs a restaurant.
The second time I took the quiz I answered the questions as "American" as I could and I think I got a 93 or 97%. DH helped me out a bit. "You have to say bomb everybody!" Scary. What the quiz thinks makes you "American" is such a sterotype, and yet - I knew almost all the "correct" answers! What does that mean? Too much tv? On the other hand, I don't know if I want to be 73% of their version of American.

And on a good note, apparently I can pass 8th grade science! 7/8 the first time - then I changed one I was on the fence about and got 8/8. Whew! (It has been awhile since I've studied cells - cut me some slack please.)

1 comment:

Ali said...

Thank goodness I passed (I was an environmental consultant pre-kiddos!).