Thursday, September 28, 2006

Curious

We haven't seen the Curious George movie yet. I see it's being released on DVD this week, so it might end up as a Christmas present. My niece gave us the soundtrack over the summer. Jack Johnson's mellow sounds are now a favorite around here - especially with Mom and Dad. It's funny, because some of it is such strong propaganda. I think that is the word I want. Nothing bad, just a lot of secular "be nice" and "save the earth" stuff. But the music is so catchy I somehow don't mind. Even The 3 R's (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) and The Sharing Song are toe-tappers. The song called My Own Two Hands (I can change the world with my own two hands. Make it a better place with my own two hands...I can make peace on earth...I can reach out to you...) reminds me strongly of St. Teresa of Avila's
“Christ has no body now but yours. No hands, no feet on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which He looks compassion on this world. Christ has no body now on earth but yours.”

But I think my favorite lines come fromTalk of the Town:

And the water below gives a gift to the sky
That the clouds give back every time they cry
Makes the grass grow green beneath my toes
And if the sun comes out
I'll paint a picture all about
The colors I've been dreaming of
The hours just don't seem enough
To put it all together
Maybe it's as strange as it seems.

I just love that even the water cycle can be poetic.

No comments: