Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Keeping Up Appearances

I'm fairly sure everything looks ok on the outside. And most of it actually is better than ok, even on the inside, but some days I feel like the Hyacinth version of a homeschool mom (not that she'd ever go in for home education). No matter how hard I try, things just aren't the way I'd planned. What's the saying? "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." Oh, wait. That would imply that I actually had some plans. I mean other than buying the books and supplies. Of course I thought I had plans, but that was me dreaming over the catalog in the evenings when the pre-schooler and the toddler weren't using me for a jungle gym. Actually implementing those late-night daydreams is another story.

Dear Lord, please give me patience. Now! Amen.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Your prayer made me laugh! Good luck.