Monday, October 16, 2006

Sharing Happy News

I have always been good at making excuses. Sometimes that is a good thing, but most often it just enables me to shirk. This one, however, is a smashing excuse for my infrequent postings here at Boogers Don't Bounce, and I'm finally ready to announce it: We're having another baby. Now, those of you who know about such things will understand, but I will explain just a little for those of you who don't. Every mom and every baby are different, but one thing all my pregnancies have had in common is that the first trimester (1/3) of each has found me extremely TIRED. The first trimester involves lots of extra hormone and fluid production and taxes all of a mother's systems. It's the beginning of a physical ordeal, however "easy" or "difficult" or "textbook" or "complicated" the pregnancy is. And so, rather than my usual late-night blogging sessions of reading and composing in the quiet of the sleeping household, I have opted to participate in the quiet and sleep.
Give me another month, and hopefully I'll be back on a more regular posting schedule. It's not really so much that I have nothing to say, it's more that I'm too tired to bother saying it! And a little bit woozy, esp. in the mornings but often all day long. I still make time in my day to read your blogs, mostly via Bloglines, so hopefully we won't lose contact. I'm hoping that even on days when I don't have time to type I'll be able to post a picture or two. That doesn't take as much thought for me - heehee.

Oh, due date is May 4. Just around the corner... And for the record, I've never had any complications in the past, except for a surprise C-section last time (breech baby that no one noticed until I was ready to deliver!) so I don't have any anticipated worries. But because of the surgery last time, this time has some issues. And now that I'm 35 I'm considered an "older mother" which puts me in line for extra screenings to make sure the baby is ok. I'm not worried, but prayers are always nice :) Thanks.

It's raining here today with a forecast for snow. I think I'm ready to see a little white stuff, but I hope it doesn't stay!

5 comments:

Brad Shorr said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Love2Learn Mom said...

Congratulations! How wonderful!

Ali said...

That IS happy news - congratulations!

Leah said...

*squeals in altruistic joy* Babies = awesome. :-) Congratulations!!!

TiaKay said...

Found you through Flying Stars... Congrats on your happy news!!!

from another "elderly multigravida"

lol...