Friday, January 26, 2007

It's a mystery...

...how the secretary at Mr. Malaprop's managed to pull their office together for this year's "Winter Banquet". Every year has a theme. One year was tropical/Hawaiian, one year was Mardi Gras/Carnival, and this year was supposed to be Western. Well, instead of just having people come in hats, bandanas, boots and jeans, they decided (sometime last week, I think) to do one of those box murder mystery parties. They handed out parts all around the office and my lucky husband is now Flint Flames, the town blacksmith, who is a horse thief and smitten with the school teacher. He is just one of the many suspects in the sudden death of Dusty Jones, gold miner. I did not get a part since Mr. Malaprop was out of the office for the day and found his part assigned to him when he got back, and all the other parts were already doled out. I'm not sure if any of the other spouses have parts or not.

I hope it goes well. Some people are more excited about this than others. At any rate, it is a nice change from the other mixer activities they've tried to get us to do at past parties. I did a box mystery once at a party in high school. Actually, I ended up to be the murderess. Tsk, tsk.

Update to come on this mystery...

No comments: