Friday, February 02, 2007

Yawn...

So here I am... 3:3o AM and awake. I feel like I should blog, but I don't have much to say. My blogging muse seems to have gone on extended vacation.

The mystery party for Mr. Malaprop's office went well. The chief of the Holeecowa Tribe was the only one who was a bit of a wet blanket, but even he warmed up to the thing after awhile. And when all was said and done, my little group won. I took notes and a girl named Jessica, who was someone's date, did a great job of questioning the suspects. The two guys in our group were happy to play along but didn't have much on Jessica for asking questions. All in all, it was an entertaining way to spend the evening and I don't think I heard much engineering/office talk, either, which is always a challenge at these things.

The kids have started coughing again. I think I'll call and talk to someone at the doctor's office tomorrow. It doesn't seem like it is bothering the kids too much, but as it is that same barky, croupy cough they had before I figure I'd better see if I should bring them in. Plus the eldest has asthma, so he may need something different. Doesn't seem like the doctor will be able to do much, but I'll ask anyway. Most of these childhood ailments are just a wait and see kind of thing.

In my insomniatic house wanderings the other night, I perused my bookshelves and found one I hadn't read yet. It is called The Doctors Mayo, and I'm sure I got it at a Friends of the Library sale. Or maybe it was even for free on the giveaway table. It's a nice, hardcover edition, ex library from some prison (!?) I think. It was a bit of a mistake to start reading it at night; I chose it because it is a biography and I thought it might help me get sleepy, but it was so interesting that it kept me awake. Well, that and listening to Mr. Malaprop and one of the kids coughing... One gripe I have with the book so far is that it needs a timeline or something. The author has organized the story by subject, and often what is going on in each section overlaps the years previously discussed and it gets a bit confusing.

My biggest problem is that it it so very cold here, and at night when the fire is out it is tough to find a cozy spot that isn't a bed. I wonder if my book light would be brighter if I put new batteries in it? Right now it seems rather dim, but I used to use it all the time. Then I could snuggle in under our nice down comforter. Guess I'll head there now in any case. I really do need to get some zzzs.

No comments: