Monday, June 25, 2007

Vanity and Envy

I think I'm going to have to stop reading some of my once-favorite craft blogs. They're making me turn green. These women who write these blogs are sewing fantastic items, writing books and having babies. They make me feel inadequate. I want to whine like a two-year-old and say, "I had a baby, too! Look at me! My baby is gorgeous, too!" But do I have a book coming out? NO. Have I sewn anything incredible lately? Ever? NO. Is my home a showplace? NO. Whah, wah, weah. Sometimes I wish I were a type A personality so I could be so busy all the time. Are there type B and C? I guess I'm type L or something.

My home is a wreck, and the heat and our broken air conditioner are driving me batty. Thank goodness the breeze is cool tonight; I think the weather is turning.

I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

4 comments:

Karen E. said...

I get green over those crafts, too, am also Type L, and our garage door opener has been broken for a month.
:-)

m!les said...

It looks like, according to Wikipedia, there is A, B, and AB.

To be fair, there's not much you can really get done without air conditioning. Those craft-blog-women probably have more air conditioning than they know what to do with.

Ali said...

Please can I join in too - waaah waaah!

Angel Jem said...

I love the idea that air conditioning makes you do things.... but then I'm from Britain where we never have summers so hot you can't move. Me, I'm a type Z, so don't panic & I sooooo know where you're coming from with that blog envy thing.... do what you want and let everything else go hang, that's my philosophy (and probably the reason why I am only tidying the house now after baby number 3 when she is 5 and at school!)