Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Crayon roll




I made a crayon roll-up a few weeks ago. It turned out nicely. Here is a tutorial from Skip to My Lou. I pretty much followed her directions except that I didn't use interfacing. My main fabric was a thin blue denim and for the pocket a denim-like mulitcolored striped material. For a tie I used mini ric-rac. To fill it I used some of my huge crayon stash. The crayons (about half of them brand new) came from a church thrift sale. They were loose in a big box (about shoebox size, but taller and square) and a plastic dishpan. I got both containers for $1 total, and made the roll from fabric scraps. Little cost there, but then I had to go crazy with the clearance bolts at JoAnn Fabrics. After all, what am I going to do with the other few hundred crayons? Next one I'll make double, like this clever design, and then I can use up twice as many crayons.

No comments: