Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Rash Resolutions

I find blogs that include a picture with every post more enjoyable to read, so my resolution is to use more photos as soon as I get my new computer. Hopefully this will happen tomorrow. And from there, who knows what rashness may ensue? A Typepad account instead of Blogger? A Pro account at Flickr? A wireless internet connection? Whoa. Let's not get crazy here...

It isn't like I don't have photos, it's just that I don't or won't or can't take the time to get them online. For example, I said the other day that I was going to write about a baby bird. Yes, we had another baby robin in our yard. This time it was a bit older than the ones last year, and it was out of the nest but still being fed by a parent bird. I got a few pictures and they would almost tell the story themselves, but NO - the computer that handles my photography archives no longer wants to go online. BAH. So you will just have to take my word for it that I sat on my butt in the damp grass under the apple tree for about 20 minutes waiting for the bigger bird to come back and feed the little bird, and then when it did I was so excited I muffed the shot of the actual feeding. But I still did get a few pictures, including a splendid photo of the green apples on the tree above. Please imagine a bough with several golf-ball sized green apples clustered amid trembling leaves against a bright blue sky. Then imagine in the brambles not far from the tree, a small branch broken from a lilac bent low and quite near the ground, but not too close because of snakes, with an adolescent bird perched on it, scanning the skies for a food delivery, nervously checking out the loopy woman in the tan pants sitting fifteen feet away holding the small silver box that keeps making that beep- zzsht sound.

Aside: Did you know that the little raised bumps on the letters f and j on your keyboard are there so you can get your fingers back in the correct position without looking? Or in low light? Of course, that does not work for the hunt and peck crowd, but I find it .... wait for it.... wait.... handy! Oh, I crack me up. Ok, not really. I'm afraid the bad pun gene runs in my family like the ice cream gene. There is no denying a bad pun when it comes to mind. You just gotta let them out somewhere. I got a million of 'em, but so far I've been easy on my reading public. Perhaps now I will take the gloves off. Hmmm. Look out.

1 comment:

m!les said...

I definitely have the bad pun gene. I was gonna say something about maybe the genes are too tight, but I'll hold back.

On older Mac computers, the raised bumps are on the D and K keys. But, yes, I use those extensively.