Friday, August 17, 2007

I was reminded

Click the title for a link to mommycoddle, who reminded me today of another of my favorite uses of that pizza dough recipe I gave yesterday: pockets. I guess you could also call them pasties? I roll out the dough and cut it into rectangles, pile some ingredients on one end, fold it over and crimp the edges with a fork. Put them on some parchment on a baking sheet for 15 min at 400 - 425F, depending how big you make them and/or how thinly you roll the dough and/or what's inside. We put everything from just plain cheese to leftover meatloaf to stew inside ours. I often sneak in a few veggies, which always taste better wrapped in bread than on the side. We do struggle with eating the veggies in this house.

Tonight we had leftovers, so nothing interesting to report or show. But I'm trying to put a picture with every post, so I'll go looking... wait here please... how about this one? Pippen got a bubble maker for his birthday.

2 comments:

m!les said...

With a bubblemaker, everyone wins.

dottycookie said...

That's a great idea for using pizza dough. We make homemade pizza quite frequently but those would be wonderful to make and put into lunchboxes too. Thanks for the idea!

By the way, I'm your partner in the FridayPrize tote swap. I've got my thinking cap on :-)