Monday, August 27, 2007

Why do I like this movie so much right now?


I found this quote two different ways. The movie's website has it like this:

Subject: life
Date: 10/21/98 9:18:36 PM Eastern Standard Time
From: Shopgirl
To: NY152

Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, valuable, but small. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So goodnight, dear void.




And wikipedia has it this way:

Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, not small, but circumscribed. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don’t really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So goodnight, dear void.


*Edited to add: After I posted this, I came across this blog entry that seems almost like an answer:
http://mommymonsters.blogspot.com/2007/08/do-you-ever-feel-invisible.html

1 comment:

m!les said...

It took me a little sleuthing to figure out what movie you were talking about. I'm not sure I've seen it all the way through.