Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11

Where was I? At our home in the Black Hills, which is where we lived then, waiting for the delivery of our first ever brand new sofa and love seat set. I half expected the delivery guys to just sit down and watch the news with me, but I guess that would've been unprofessional. They had another delivery to do, so they set up the couch and they were gone, and I had this comfy new place to park my bum while I watched the horror unfold on tv...

May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

2 comments:

Old School Acres said...

Amen.

m!les said...

I was just newly in college. My first semester I didn't have a single class before 11am, so I was able to sleep in and (mostly) not have to use an alarm clock. I got up, walked toward the bathroom, passing the lobby. In the lobby, a TV set was on with the news going. I thought, "Who would turn a TV on to the news in this dorm?" It was with annoyance that I began to watch, but my demeanor soon changed.