Sunday, November 04, 2007

Doldrums

I feel like I have been sucked into the blogger's doldrums, much like Domesticali in this post. I thought I felt a bit of a breeze there for awhile, and even started up what I planned to make into a nice, crafty blog on TypePad as a way to trim my sails or tack about or something, but then the water+computer=bad thing happened and I'm now feeling like I should maybe go on blog sabbatical and concentrate on my brick and mortar life. I'm going to slog on for awhile, but posting may become even more sporadic for a couple of months. Please leave me on your bloglines, and I'll try to post a couple of times a week, though unfortunately sans pictures.

Another reason for sporadic posting will be because we are moving house. The details of buying/selling houses and how hubby's company will help us pay for things are the only items left to be settled. (SMR, it is not Cody but you had the state right.) Then will come the "fun" of changing our address with an impossible number of people and businesses, sorting through every item we own to see if it is worth moving, having complete strangers come in and touch almost every single thing that has passed the worth-moving test in order to pack it for us (which is supposed to be so helpful and yet just creeps me out), finding new doctors and dentists and libraries and parks and friends and a church and on and on and on. I am so tired of moving it's just plain silly. On the other hand, I'm not sure I'll like where we're going and so I'm partly hoping it means we'll be moving again in a few years. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but the last three times I really thought we'd be staying put for a good long while. Three houses ago Mr. Malaprop said I could bury him in the yard because we'd be there forever. Ha! I don't think the current owners of that house would appreciate that.
Actually, I'd like to try England or France. Do you think Mr. Malaprop would consider those too far east of the Missouri River? *grin* I'd better watch out or I'll get stuck in Scotland. Scotland, South Dakota, that is.

3 comments:

dottycookie said...

I feel for you with the move. I think we're set where we are for a while,. which is just as well because with UK house prices we can't afford to move anywhere else anyway.

Hope it all goes smoothly... and don't feel bad about taking a blog break. Two posts a week is more than I manage half the time anyway!

Ali said...

Poor you - moving is stressful. You post when it suits you and don't fret when it doesn't.

m!les said...

I'm going to have to go through a move, myself. It won't be far, and I'll like the new city better, but it's still a pain and it'll be during the holidays.

Let's all pray for good weather for all movings this winter.