Tuesday, November 06, 2007

How Can I Keep From Singing?

FIRSTLY, thanks for the encouraging comments, you people! It helps more than I can say to know you are out there being supportive. Really, thank you.

Here's what I chose to sing, Nancy. Only I was singing it in a more "gospel" or syncopated rhythm. To tell the truth, the first song that had popped into my head was "If I Were a Rich Man" from Fiddler on the Roof. I thought of changing "There would be one long staircase just going up, and one even longer coming down, and one more leading nowhere- just for show" to something like "I would have one computer just for my email and one even better for my blogs, and one more high-speed MacBook just because".

As my husband said when he found out about my potentially losing the Mac, "It's only money. And if it's the pictures you're sad about," putting on a falsetto and holding up the baby, "you still have me, Mommy!" That is perspective. (Maybe there was no falsetto. He might've just held the baby up.)

2 comments:

m!les said...

I'd like to think it was "falsetto".

Nancy C. Brown said...

I like this song, too.

And I thought the same thing as Mr. Malaprop: You still have the babies, no one died. The pictures were maybe gone (glad they are NOT) but the beautiful people are still there to cheer you!

I am happy for you that the Mac works again, yeah!