Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Book meme

1. Pick up the nearest book ( of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

So I glance around my paper-strewn cluttered desk and spy Wisdom and Innocence, A Life of GK Chesterton by Joseph Pearce (still new in shrink-wrap, but not for long).

The fifth sentence on p. 123 is: 'Our friendship with G.K. was the daily bread of life: he made one feel at home in the world and he himself was like a huge comfortable house with great windows opening on to vistas and letting in the daylight...

The next three sentences continue: For us he belongs (it is impossible to think of him in the past tense) not to the limelight, but to the firelight. ' Barbara Nicholl echoed the sentiments of her sister: 'I shall never be grateful enough for knowing him. It is not only what he did and meant at the time, but what he meant later, remembering it in a more grown-up way.'

Now I am supposed to tag five people. Do I even know five people? Just kidding. But like Paul who gave up tagging for Lent, I will not tag anyone, but will let you play along if you want to.

1 comment:

m!les said...

The book I picked up was entitled Diana+: True Tales & Short Stories, and the only sentence on page 123 is "Images by Mark Sink."

But, I wanted to play, so I progressed forward until I found text, then I did the fifth sentence + three, and discovered:

We had to use one of the Diana or clone type cameras for an assignment. I loved the dream-like effect and the simplicity of its use. I found different models at flea markets and garage sales.

Learn more about the Diana+ at Lomography.com.