I learned a few things this weekend:
- A wife can put up with an awful lot in a husband if said husband is a Vietnam veteran and has told her even only a few of his stories. It can make you want to love him.
- A lot of people push pro-choice only to encourage abortion, with no provision, discussion, or promotion for the choice of life. Where is the choice in that? If there is only one choice, is it really a choice?
- Always call and visit those you love when you are vacationing in their area. You never know when you'll get to see them again.
- If you are in a sentimental mood, don't listen to Feed the Birds from Mary Poppins.
- Practice charitable thinking. People have reasons and history you might not be aware of, even if you think you really know them.
- Crown and water is not that good, unless you like it. Then it is.
- Define your terms. Marriage, Christianity, Love, Cheating, Religion - these words do not mean the same thing to everyone. If you want to discuss them, find out what you're talking about first.
- A smile, a nod, a handshake, a hug. Each by itself or taken together, these can be enough.
- Big extended families are the best. Just.The.Best. Love your family now because you might not end up together later. Hopefully you will.