Monday, March 17, 2008

Another birthday at our house

A very Happy Birthday yesterday to my dear husband Mr. Malaprop.
I was finally able to find a Wii - at Target yesterday morning - so guess what he got for his gift? (Along with golf shoes he bought for himself last week.) He was a good sport about it and said the kids could play it any time if I gave them permission. He's actually pretty good at it himself and we're all having fun. I have to add that yes, the kids got their school work done in record time today. What motivation! Not exactly a Lenten activity, but we will give it up for the Triduum.
Now they've got their eye on buying more games.... but phew! Fifty bucks a pop is rather steep. Guess I knew what I was getting in to, but it doesn't make it easier. Good thing they can afford to buy them with their own money or we'd be eating beans every day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. Malaprop! Ooo, golf shoes! I like how that sounds. Only serious people buy golf shoes.

What's the Paint Your Wagon connection? A celebration? I'm a little slow on that one.

Candlestring said...

I just stuck that Paint Your Wagon on there because I was talking about eating beans to budget for Wii games. So I thought of the song Can O' Beans and put it on there- because I could.

dottycookie said...

Happy Birthday Mr Malaprop! I have only three words for you - Super Mario Galaxieeeeees!

m!les said...

Happy Birthday! (much belated, regrettably)