Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Big thing spotted

Link
On a recent trip back home from visiting Wyoming and South Dakota, we passed a truck carrying a huge cylindrical-shaped load. Actually, we passed it once, had to make an emergency potty stop, got back on the interstate and passed it again. The second time I managed to snap a photo which, as you can see, doesn't show the thing itself but does show the name: NaturEner. We had no idea what it was and no idea where it was headed. Now that I know it's part of a wind turbine - maybe here, or here? Probably someplace new, though, and maybe not even in Montana. It was headed west - I wonder, where did it come from originally?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You probably saw wind turbine blades destined for the Glacier Wind Farm development of NaturEner, located near Cut Bank Montana

SMR said...

They're always going west into the unknown. I'm with you, where did they start and where are they going? My traveling turbines were not labeled NaturEner. They were generic.

Candlestring said...

I don't think it was a blade but part of the tower. It looked more or less evenly cylindrical to me. Thanks for cluing me in on the Cut Bank wind farm, Anon.

m!les said...

I've seen a turbine blade or two in my time. Those things are always awe-inspiring.