Saturday, October 11, 2008

One of the new neighbors

We've met a lot of this family since we've moved here. I think they have as many cousins as I do. There was a whole herd including gamboling yearlings right next to our driveway just a few days ago.
Of course, looking outside today all I saw was this:Yup. Snow. Lots of it. And four kids having fun. The fifth (Elle) won't put on her snowsuit so she didn't join in with the sledding or other merry making. She did make a break for it when I was taking this picture, and she walked right out into the snow in her bare feet! I don't know how long it would've taken her to come in by herself - it didn't seem to bother her. But I couldn't handle it so I caught her up and brought her in and closed the door with her loud complaints in my ears. Not sure how long the snow will stay, but it's been coming down much of the evening...

3 comments:

Holli said...

The snow looks really pretty in your neighborhood, even thought it *is* early October!

DblCuz said...

I love both of these shots. I wondered if you had gotten snow.

Miles said...

So exotic! The only wildlife we get are random ten year olds on skateboards. Not quite as awe-inspiring.