Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Seeing red about blue

Warning: Politics, etc. ahead. This'll probably be my only post about this before the elections.


Something has been bugging me for a few elections now. I was sure I remembered watching the Reagan election in '84 and rooting for blue, which on the tv map represented Reagan. But as most of us know, blue now represents democrats and red is republicans. I guess I have Tim Russert to blame. It's too bad, I think, seeing as how blue represents the conservatives in most democratic countries. I'm voting red, but as a color I like blue better.

Why vote red? Because I am Catholic and not a one-issue voter, and I don't much like KoolAid. In part because stuff like this and this scares me. Not to mention FOCA, which will remove all restrictions on abortion including the parental notification laws they have in 44 states. I guess since those parental notification laws are broken all the time, they figure we don't need them. I don't like John McCain much really; I hate it when he says "My friends." And yes, Sarah Palin is inexperienced nationally and internationally, but she seems to have as much executive experience as Obama does at least. Obama is a movie-starish enigma because that is how the mainstream presents him. A pretty face. A talking head. A cult leader. And if I'm going to be the sheep the Dems are hoping I am, at least I am going to follow the shepherd's voice that I know . I'm not afraid to listen to people who know more than I do. Even the president has advisors ;)

But when all is said and done, My President is Dale Ahlquist.

1 comment:

Miles said...

Bartlet for America!