Monday, April 25, 2011

Floor Space

IMG_0546

It is almost an epic battle around here every day. Not necessarily unfriendly, but a battle just the same, for floor space. You see, I like to be able to walk around without risking bodily injury every time I take a step. My kids, on the other hand, like to stage elaborate playscapes involving (in this illustration, anyway) Pokemon, Hotwheels, building blocks, and doll quilts. Most days a truce is called, and a clear path is made in the evenings so no one gets hurt trying to find the bathroom in low light.


But like an amputee trying to scratch a phantom itch, when my kids are grown and gone I'll still be treading with care, expecting that stray Lego to materialize under my foot. I also expect that I'll miss the mess... and the fun of listening to little imaginations at work.

No comments: